Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Orly Fall 2013 Surreal Collection: Angel Rain and Purple Poodle

While perusing Ulta yesterday for new Fall offerings, I came across some of the new colors from Orly. The new collection is not what most would consider to be typical for Fall - it is a collection of pinks, purple and blues that seems like it would be more at home in the spring.  However, I absolutely fell in LOVE with Angel Rain and Purple Poodle and so I snatched them up and brought them home to try.

First up is Angel Rain:
 
This color is basically a duochrome frost and I was worried that it wouldn't apply smoothly (I seem to have issues with streaking with frosts/metallics) but it applied BEAUTIFULLY.  It is somewhat thin so I applied three coats with no topcoat for these pictures.  It is difficult to see the purple shift, but it is there.

Second is Purple Poodle:
First off, I have too say I LOOOOOOVE this color!  It looked amazing in the bottle and it is definitely unique.  It is a jelly packed with flakie and glass fleck goodness.  I used three coats and was pleased with the coverage and I added Seche Vite to punch up the shine a notch.  The bottom pic best represents how it looks in person and I was glad I was able to play with the lighting so I could do it justice.  The top pic uses different lighting that doesn't set off the shimmery magic!

Overall, I am very pleased with these two colors and still have my eye on a couple of other colors from the collection.  My recommendation is make sure you buy Purple Poodle no matter what other colors in the collection you consider!


1 comment:

  1. Loving your blog mama! You deserve a Blog Your Heart Out Award :) Congrats!
    http://thewanderlandexperience.wordpress.com/2013/09/25/blog-your-heart-out-nomination/

    ReplyDelete